5 Effective Tips To Prevent And Get Rid Of Sunburn Fast
Summer is finally here! Get ready for more frequent occasions of sun burn because we simply just can’t get enough of the sun, can we? Here’s a video by Jennifer Chiu that provides 5 effective tips to prevent and get rid of sunburn fast.
Frequently Asked Questions on Sunburn
1. What makes some people more prone to sunburns?
- The body directs melanin to areas of the skin which is hit by UV rays.
- Melanin protects the skin from the damaging effects of UV rays.
- People with more melanin (who are darker) have more protection. They also have a lesser tendency to get sun burns compared to people with lighter skin (with lesser melanin).
2. Why do I have to take care of sunburns quickly?
Sunburns are dangerous and can form into blisters, hives, or even bleed if left untreated
3. Is it okay to put baking soda paste on your face?
Yes, it is fine to put baking soda paste on your face. However, before you do, apply some onto your skin, probably on the back of your hand first to see if there are any allergy effects.
4. After putting baking soda paste on my face, do I let it sit or do I rub it into the skin and wash it off immediately?
You can get rid of sunburn by applying the paste on your face and letting it sit for 15 minutes before washing it off with warm (and then cold) water.
5. Can you avoid a suntan after getting a sunburn?
Suntans and sunburns are two separate subjects altogether. Suntans are caused by melanin which protects our skin from the harmful UV rays, while pain is caused by a protein called CXCL5, which stimulates pain receptors. Because melanin is gathered at the spot of the onset where the UV rays strike, it is not possible to avoid a suntan after a sunburn.
Featured photo credit: 5 tips for sunburn via youtube.com
The post 5 Effective Tips To Prevent And Get Rid Of Sunburn Fast appeared first on Lifehack.