Check-in Day 1: Make Meditation My Daily Habit
As you have completed the 5-Day Mindfulness Challenge, you should have basic ideas on how meditation can bring you mindfulness.
This plan can definitely help you build meditation in your daily routine to further reap the benefits.
Let’s have quick check on how to meditate:
- Choose a peaceful environment that can avoid external distractions like TV, phone or other noisy appliances.
- Make yourself as comfortable as possible. Take off your shoes and jacket, open the collar of your shirt or blouse and remove your belt.
- Decide how long you want to meditate. It can be as little as five minutes.
- Sit in a comfortable position. Your can also just rest your hands on your knees or leave them hanging down by your side – whichever you prefer.
- As a beginner, it may be best to first try meditating with your eyes closed.
- Try to focus on your breathing and only your breathing. Don’t think about your breathing or pass any sort of judgment of it
- Don’t worry if your mind starts to wander. Just make an effort to refocus your mind on your breathing and try to think of nothing else.
Today’s check-in: Follow the above steps and Meditate for 5 minutes.
Remember you are a beginner and, like anything, becoming good at meditation takes practice.