10 Mood-Boosting Spring Finds Under $50
It’s a crazy time of the semester. Here’s the (affordable) retail therapy you need.
I don’t know what had more ups and downs last week: my stress level or the temperature outside. Call it spring (and global warming): It’s that awkward time in the semester where the beautiful days tempt you away from your piles of work, and the rainy ones leave you feeling drab and unmotivated. My suggestion for mid-semester blahs, as usual, is retail therapy.
So help yourself to some of spring’s cutest treats and trends, from baseball caps to bodysuits, from sneakers to sparkles. I’ve rounded up 10 of my fave items of the season, each under $50!
1. By now we’ve all heard the news that the ’90s are back (should that make millennials feel old?). But even if you’re ambivalent about re-embracing grunge or going full Cher Horowitz, at least take advantage of the fact that the ’90s trend means that cheesy embroidered baseball caps are suddenly cool. Throw this cheery one on with jean shorts and a tee, or, if you’re really into the throwback, a slip dress and jean jacket.
2. What could be more fun than this Betsey Johnson pig pouch? The answer: nothing, except maybe the so-close-yet-so-far summer vacation. Use this piggy to store jewelry, makeup musts, or quarters for laundry.
3. Bodysuits are a really useful trend, since they eliminate the struggle of tucking a bulky top into your skirt or jeans. This one combines the look with two other hot trends, velvet and off-the-shoulder necklines. It would be so effortlessly cool with low-slung BF jeans, or adorable with a scarf and a black pleated skirt. While I love this subdued teal hue, this baby also comes in pink, orange, and the ever-useful black. Plus, it’s only $14.
4. Finish off every spring outfit–even a break beach look–with these superfun Baublebar earrings. In addition to adding a cute pop of color and print to solid-colored looks, the stripes make print mixing a breeze. I’d love to see them with a leopard dress.
5. Embroidered sneaks–especially bright white ones–are one of my fave trends right now. With the simple-yet-fun floral design and the variety of colors in the stitching, you can wear this pair with absolutely everything. And I’m not just talking denim–pair them with your LBD for a party.
6. I NEED THIS TOTE. Yeah, sure, maybe fast-fashion brands are taking advantage of the current surge in women’s activism by slapping lady-power slogans onto everything. But there are worse things than having reminders that we should all be feminists in every store window. This carryall is super useful, says it all, and, oh yeah, is just four bucks.
7. These pretty pastel wedges were made for feminine floral dresses. That said, while it’s still a little chilly, I’d love to see them with black skinny pants, a black blazer, a white tee, and a statement necklace for a totally fresh party look.
8. It’s not quite warm enough to head to class without a jacket, and like me, you probably have that one class in that one room that’s always weirdly cold. This fresh take on the classic jean jacket is your easy solution. It works as part of a denim-on-denim look when paired with darker jeans, and is basically made to be thrown over your breeziest spring dresses and finished with brown boots.
9. I always find myself wanting a neutral, sparkly statement necklace like this to finish off a look. This glitzy one from Humble Chic is the perfect icing on the cake for any outfit, especially if you can contrast the bling with some casual texture like denim or flannel.
10. Are you sensing a theme stitched throughout this post? Embroidery is very, very in for spring. And this fab Dorothy Perkins number is making it very, very difficult for me to not add a zillionth shirtdress to my closet. At $49, it’s a great buy, because you can wear it all year long: with tights or without, with sandals, sneakers, or boots. And even when the embroidery craze ends, the pretty flower sewn over classic pinstripes will always be stylish.
What do you think?
What are you shopping for this spring? Are you planning on snagging any of these pieces? Which is your fave? Let me know in the comments!
Source: #Fashionblogger #fashiontrends